Thursday, January 04, 2007

PSU Banks Awakening Call Continued...

After much tormented experience at State Bank of Mysore for a Stamp Paper, I again mustered up my energy and strutted towards the bank on 1st Jan 07. The bright Monday morning energized me and I took long strides. I gleamed with joy to find the bank opened this time. I walked into building and enquired about the stamp paper. The lady at the counter condescended to look at me after much prodding and with a disturbed look she made it clear to me that they have ran out of stamp paper and I need to come once more to the bank to get the stamp paper. Lo! I was fed up with this. But to my surprise today I read in the TOI that the government has announced that the Stamp Papers would be available soon at all the nationalised banks thus ending the monopoly of the lackadaisical State Bank of Mysore. The following saturday i.e on 6th Jan 07, I was again on my way to the bank. A huge queue greeted me at the bank. After standing for half an hour, I was promptly told the Rs. 20 and 50 denomination are not available. was rather forced to take Rs100/- stamp paper as I was tired of wasting my time for this insignificant stuff. I thought of paying Rs 50/- more to the government exchequre. Feeling cheated by the inefficient government and the bank I walked my way back.

1 comment:

Nita said...

Good words.